EDL and bounding box

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
jfhullo

EDL and bounding box

Post by jfhullo »

Hi all,

it seems that when you use EDL, there is a problem when the camera enters in the bounding box, the EDL render does not work in this case.

Is it a limitation of the EDL or a problem of implementation?

JF
daniel
Site Admin

Re: EDL and bounding box

Post by daniel »

I would answer: both! In fact, the computation is done in "screen space", and we should give to the shader the actual bounding box of what's actually visible and not the whole bounding box (but of course, it's much harder to compute in real time).

However, there are first approximations that can be easily done and that should do the trick, but I didn't had the time to test them!
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
jfhullo

Post by jfhullo »

Hi daniel,

I just saw your new version of CC. The EDL plugin has , at least on my computer, a big problem in the version. The contour lines are really large and points are strange. Morevover, i can not zoom more now than before.

You can see this in the image:

daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Is this in 'perspective' mode? I didn't tried EDL in this mode!

I will disable the "zoom" following effect for perspective modes if this is not satisfactory.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
jfhullo

Post by jfhullo »

Good morning Daniel,

Here is a screen capture, in non perspective mode. The zoom is ok and works fine, but there is still this strange effect of points that are not square anymore and thent contour lines are also strange. the render is not as nice as it was before.

Best,

JF