Open multiple files from Windows Context menu

To post any request/idea for new functionalities
vernzimm

Open multiple files from Windows Context menu

Post by vernzimm »

Greetings,

I do not know the difficulty of this, but it would be very nice to open multiple files from the Windows context menu, i.e. I have 4 .txt files, drag select the four, right click, "open", all 4 files open within one CC window (currently the 4 files open in 4 CC windows). I understand this can be done from the "Open..." dialog in CC, or by drag-drop to open CC window. I currently use the former, and I rarely have CC open, or have the screen space/presence of mind to be able to drag-drop a group.

This does require the files are set to open by default in CC (so not very feasible for .txt files), as the option for "Open With ->" is not available in Win7 when multiple files are selected. It would best apply to specific formats that could be set to open by default with CC. As I said, I don't know the difficulty of implementing this, and it is not high priority. If the opportunity arises, great, or if there could be another solution that I am not aware of, please let me know.

Update : Didn't post yet, just occurred to me to try drag-drop to icon. This does function "correctly" as I am describing (4 files drag-drop -> 1 CC window), so that is a valid option. I will attempt to use this.

CC: v2.9.1

Thank You,
Vernon.