qRansacSD

For any question about plugins!
pguth

qRansacSD

Post by pguth »

Hi,

I am trying to get the qRansacSD plugin. The DLL appears in the list of found plugins, and the DLL is present, but the plugin is disabled.

Do I understand correctly that I have to recompile the source code for the plugin to be enabled? (C++ is not my native language, and I will have to track down a compiler, and learn it peculiarities, since I try to live as much as possible in the Delphi world, which things its own way).

Peter Guth
daniel
Site Admin

Re: qRansacSD

Post by daniel »

If the icon appears (and is disabled), you only have to select a point cloud to make it enabled (at least that's the normal behavior).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
pguth

Post by pguth »

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the speedy reply. I had loaded 5 LAS files, so none was selected. Now it's working.

Peter Guth
pguth

Post by pguth »

Quick follow on question:

When saving the RANSAC shapes, is there a way to transform the coordinates back to real world geometry, since it does not look like the re-centering options are being applied? If not, I can deal with the issue, but I would vote for adding it to your list of potential enhancements.

Peter Guth
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

That's a good idea! It's already fixed in the sources and it will be available with the next release.
pontoontodd

Post by pontoontodd »

Is there a way to save the ransac results as some type of CAD file (dxf, step, igs, etc)?
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

I don't think so right now. But we could save them in a DXF files (I'll add this to the TODO list).
pontoontodd

Post by pontoontodd »

daniel wrote:I don't think so right now. But we could save them in a DXF files (I'll add this to the TODO list).
DXF would be great. Is there any way to save the results in any other format?
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Well, I believe you should be able to save them as triangular meshes (in OBJ formats if you want to save them all or also as PLY, OFF or STL files if you save them one by one).
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

While trying to do this with dxf lib, I realize that dxf doesn't support '3D' primitives (cylinders, spheres, etc.). Mainly 2D primitives and a few 3D 'general' objects (triangular meshes - which are already supported - or extruded polygons).

I guess we should find another solution...