CloudCompare on a remote computer

Feel free to ask any question here
KaSn

CloudCompare on a remote computer

Post by KaSn »

Hello!
I need your assistance. I have CloudCompare installed on my office computer, and I'm attempting to connect to it using Splashtop, but I keep encountering the error 'Unable to reach Splashtop servers.' Has anyone else run into this issue, and if so, can you provide guidance on how to resolve it? I'm also curious to know if I'll be able to operate the program from a remote computer.
Your help would be greatly appreciated!
daniel
Site Admin

Re: CloudCompare on a remote computer

Post by daniel »

Well, CC works with any general remote service (Windows', Google Remote Desktop, etc.). The only requirement is that it supports OpenGL.

I don't know about Splashtop. But I don't see why the error 'Unable to reach Splashtop servers' would be specific to CloudCompare (seems more general and related to your setup).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Luisa

Re: CloudCompare on a remote computer

Post by Luisa »

This error is not related to CloudCompare.
To resolve this error, first make sure that your device has a stable internet connection and that all proxy, network, and Splashtop settings are configured correctly.
Run a scan tool to make sure your network firewall is not blocking access.
Make sure port 443 is open for all traffic, including non-SSL traffic.
If you have a firewall or antivirus enabled on your device, make sure the following Splashtop processes are not blocked:
SRManager.exe
SRFeature.exe
If these steps do not solve the problem, you can find more potential causes and solutions at https://www.helpwire.app/blog/splashtop-not-working/
Splashtop allows you to access programs and files on a remote computer.