Crash upon opening

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
qweasd123456543

Crash upon opening

Post by qweasd123456543 »

Hi guys, I am new to this forum. I was trying to install CC 2.7.0 on Mac OS 10.12 with Intel Iris 1536 MB graphic card. The applications quit unexpectedly when I was trying to open. Can you suggest any problems causing it? Thanks
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Crash upon opening

Post by daniel »

It's either because the version of Mac OS is too recent (see https://github.com/cloudcompare/trunk/issues/439) or because the driver is too old.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Trinitite

Re: Crash upon opening

Post by Trinitite »

Yes... There are two issues preventing me from running Cloud Compare on the new MacBook Pro.

1. UPX binary compressor issue crashes Cloud Compare upon opening in 10.12. Unfortunately the new MacBook Pro comes with 10.12 installed and you cannot run 10.11 (Or earlier) on these new machines.

2. The Retina Display (High DPI issue) mentioned on Andy's page. If there is a workaround for this issue I would like to know about it...

So right now the only workaround for me is to instal Windows on the MacBook and run the windows versions. Any other workarounds anyone can think of?