Vertex Extraction of "Corners"

Feel free to ask any question here
Samuel

Vertex Extraction of "Corners"

Post by Samuel »

Hi

I'm hoping someone could help with this... We have been trying to find a software that can extract a corner vertex by effectively drawing a paintbrush area around the corner in the software, for it them to extract the vertex into an exportable text file with X, Y and Z.

Is this something CC can do?
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Vertex Extraction of "Corners"

Post by daniel »

Well, you can use the 'scissors' tool to isolate one or several points. And then create a cloud based on this selection. And last, you can export it to an ASCII/text file.

You can also use the 'Point list picking' tool to pick a point (directly, by clicking on it or close to it) and then export the list of picked point (there can only be one) directly to a text file.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Samuel

Re: Vertex Extraction of "Corners"

Post by Samuel »

Hi Daniel

Thanks for your reply!

I don’t think my explanation initially was all too clear.

Essentially what I’m looking to do is select an area of point cloud, and then have CC compute the position of apparent intersection between planes. For example, select an area of cloud near a door opening, the software to then recognise vertical, horizontal and inclined planes (with no additional user intervention), and then to compute the position whereby these planes intersect (as an average position).

Hope this makes a bit more sense?