Small bugs in the latest release

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
Dimitri

Small bugs in the latest release

Post by Dimitri »

Hi Daniel, great release !

A few minor things after a quick first try:
. When you move the mouse on the top left corner of the 3D view, you have the "change point size" message appearing, but it dissapears the moment you want to click on +. You can actually press '-' but it does not decrease the point size (previously increased with the new great menu point size)
. When I tried the height grid projection with .tiff image, i've got an error saying that qtiff4.dll is not found while it it is indeed correctly installed in the Imageformats directory
. Idem for the PNG format

Cheers

Dim
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Small bugs in the latest release

Post by daniel »

It's true that the text on the to-left screen is longer now, but on my computer I can still reach the '+' icon and click on it. Anyway, I'll make the 'hot zone' larger.

And for the '-' button, it's just that when you select a specific size for the cloud (other than 'default') the main interactors have no more effect on this cloud's point size.

For the 'imageformats' issue I'll have to investigate further.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Dimitri

Post by Dimitri »

Another bug :
. the EDL filter gives incorrect results (i.e. black points, as if there was no light at all).
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Hum not on my laptop ... appart if my NVidia card is deactivated ;)

Are you sure your GPU is enabled ? EDL doesn't work with Intel onboard graphic cards.
Dimitri

Post by Dimitri »

My mistake ! With the new installer I forgot to change the settings of the gpu. With the previous version, I was just overwriting the old ones and didn't need to change anything.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Just for the records: you can still use the zip file. Installer is not mandatory (it's just for users who are not confident with zip files ;).
Dimitri

Post by Dimitri »

Hi Daniel,

I'm still not able to generate a tiff (and the png image). I've got the following warning : 'Failed to save TIF file ! (check that 'qtiff4.dll' is in the Imageformats' directory alongside CC executable)'. And then 'Failed to save PNG file as well!(hum, the problem must be more serious ;)'.

Yet the qtiff4.dll is indeed in the imageformats directory alongside CC executable.

Should be a simple link issue I guess.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers

Dimitri
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Well in fact there can be multiple causes:
- the DLL is not the right one (an old file that was not properly overwritten?)
- the system doesn't find the right DLL (it finds a DLL with the same name in another folder which would be in the system PATH) --> this is what the 'start.bat' file is meant for (to clear the system PATH before launching CC)
- worst, as the message is a default one, it simply means in fact that the image writing process has failed (I'll update the message)... on Windows Seven for instance some folders such as "Programs" has limited access rights.

So can you try to download a clean copy of CC (in zip format), decompress it in a new folder (for instance "c:\CC") and start it with "start.bat"?
Dimitri

Post by Dimitri »

So sorry, you were right...it was just a matter of stupid access rights in the Programs folder.

Thanks a lot for the help