Plotting Canupo Confidence results (Graph)

Feel free to ask any question here
Ohlaris

Plotting Canupo Confidence results (Graph)

Post by Ohlaris »

Hello,

This is more a data visualization question I think

After performing the Canupo classification process, we can extract the table (.txt) of the classified point cloud with the values for X, Y, Z, R,G,B, PointSourceID, ScanDirectionFlag, Intensity, Canupo class and Canupo Confidence. I want to plot these values to compare to 2D classification results. The PointSourceID and ScanDirectionFlag on my table are always equal to 1. See the image with the first few lines attached.

Does anyone know the best way to plot the confidence (which variables are best to consider besides the confidence) and to calculate the error for it?

Also, The PointSourceID and ScanDirectionFlag on my table are always equal to 1. Is there a reason for this? Shouldn't the PointSourceID go from 1 until the last value of points (1 to 10000000 for example)

Appreciate the help in advance
Kind regards
Attachments
table heading example canupo.png
table heading example canupo.png (221.94 KiB) Viewed 2368 times
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Plotting Canupo Confidence results (Graph)

Post by daniel »

Not sure for the visualization question, but about the PointSourceID and ScanDirectionFlag scalar fields: they are not generated by Canupo, but are standard fields of LAS files. Depending on the source they might have meaningful values or not. And anyway, the PointSourceID is simply an idea (which can indeed be always the same value if you only have one 'source' (sensor). And the ScanDirectionFlag can also be very monotonic (especially on a scan portion).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Ohlaris

Re: Plotting Canupo Confidence results (Graph)

Post by Ohlaris »

Thanks for the fast reply Daniel!