3D maps in cloudcompare

Feel free to ask any question here
niti

3D maps in cloudcompare

Post by niti »

Hi all,
I'm new to cloudcompare. I'm using the M3C2 for cloud difference and am able to export the output as rasters. I however would like to create 3D representation of my results (something like what the attached flie shows). I'm wondering if this could be directly done in CC or what would be the process to achieve similar or better cartographic visualization of M3C2 results?
Thank you,
Niti
Attachments
figure_8.JPG
figure_8.JPG (56.69 KiB) Viewed 2221 times
daniel
Site Admin

Re: 3D maps in cloudcompare

Post by daniel »

Well, you can generate each "quarter" of the image in CC (almost - not the "North" compass and the RGB graph).
  • You can change the background color (and absence of gradient) with the 'Display > Display settings' menu.
  • You can change the color scale associated to the M3C2 distances (and even define an 'absolute' one, with you own labels, etc. - see https://www.cloudcompare.org/doc/wiki/i ... es_Manager)
  • Not sure how was the white polyline generated, but this is how something CC can help you create and display
  • And here there might be some normals activated, or the EDL shader
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
niti

Post by niti »

Hi Daniel,
I very much appreciate your time to reply to my very basic CC questions. I may be missing some basic things here and have these follow up questions. Please see attached figure that I was able to produce following your inputs.

1. After finalizing the visualization the only way to save the figure I could find was to take a screenshot. Is it possible to export the visualization as raster (PNG/TIFF/JPEG)?

2. Is it possible to modify the title "distance uncertainty" to "Distance Uncertainty (m)" within CC?

best,
Niti
Attachments
distance_uncertainty.jpg
distance_uncertainty.jpg (68.15 KiB) Viewed 2196 times
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

1. See 'Display > Render to file'

2. See Edit > Scalar fields > Rename
Daniel, CloudCompare admin