Cloudcompare Cut at specific coordination by one reference cut (second part of question)

Feel free to ask any question here
soheilsabz

Cloudcompare Cut at specific coordination by one reference cut (second part of question)

Post by soheilsabz »

according to this question:

https://www.cloudcompare.org/forum/view ... 600#p20600

**I have almost 4 model which most be compared with with reference for every calculation , also need to do compare calculation only for some part of model so needs to cut the stl model and if i can do it only once on the reference model it could be fine for me, but i have done it and don't cut the target model and the result calculated to all part of target as you could see here:

for this goal i think there must some method for example aligning then fit the coordination and cut form some coordination Which come from the main reference.
i will do this compare by aligning every model with reference, then cut by my hand which could not be for all of compares and every time i cut two model i do it from different coordination so when i want to compare the result for every model with reference model ti could have some points from reference in the compare which is not exist for other model with reference model because of this cutting by hand , but if it could be dome once in reference model and then applied to all aligned model and cut them by this first cut this problem would be solved, so how do you think it could be done?
Thanks.**

I have tried to cut the **aligned models** by the **coordination** like this:

and by the **'Edit > Crop'** tool tools like this:

but don't know is this coordination is give to me the specific coordination based of reference stl file or it would be changed for every couples stl file during aligning,some of the cut coordination by showing the reference file is like this:

So asked here to known dose the combination of aligning and cutting save the reference coordination and based of that this kind of cutting bu coordination will be Constance for all of two compared models?

Thanks.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Cloudcompare Cut at specific coordination by one reference cut (second part of question)

Post by daniel »

If you always align the new meshes to the same 'reference' STL file, and then call the CROP file, then the coordinates would always be the same (as you work in the first 'reference' mesh coordinate system.

Otherwise...
Daniel, CloudCompare admin