Numerical scale

Feel free to ask any question here
juacarri

Numerical scale

Post by juacarri »

Hi All! Could you let me know if there is a way to know the numerical scale of a view?

Perhaps it would be positive to give the user the option to select a numerical scale in the view (1/50, 1/10,000...) as GIS do, and not just visualise a graphical scale.

Thanks!
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Numerical scale

Post by daniel »

You can use the 'Display > Adjust zoom' tool.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
juacarri

Post by juacarri »

Hi Daniel! Thanks for the fast reply. Could be possible to explain how it works the "Adjust zoom" tool? I mean, could be possible to explain me how is possible to set up a scale of 1/10 (1 cm in the screen is equivalent to 1 cm in the reality)? Sorry if the question is too obvius.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Ah you will need to know what your screen size is (in cm). CloudCompare can tell you / set the pixel size (e.g. X pixels = 1 cm).

And if you know that your screen is 53 cm wide, with a horizontal resolution of 1920 pixels for instance, then you'll have to do some maths to deduce that 1 cm = 36 pixels, and then ask CloudCompare to set the zoom so that 36 pixels = 1 cm.

And if you want to print the screen (that you can export with 'Display > Render to file') just consider the printing resolution (e.g. 300 dpi = 300 pixels / inch = 2.54 cm = 118 pixels / cm
Daniel, CloudCompare admin