Aligning view to building

Feel free to ask any question here
AG_MJA

Aligning view to building

Post by AG_MJA »

Hi there,

I'm sure there is a way to do this, but i'm drawing a complete blank. I want to produce some orthophotos of a building facade using the various view filters in cloud compare, but I can't get the view square to the building. Is there a way to acheive this, a bit like in Pointools where you can select two points and it takes the up direction from the cloud to align the view square to the building face?

Cheers
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Aligning view to building

Post by daniel »

Almost: use the 'Point picking' tool to pick a label with 3 points (third small icon of the tool). Once done don't forget to 'save' the corresponding label (with the floppy
icon). Then right click on the created label in the DB tree and select 'Align Camera' (or the reverse version if the camera is not pointing in the right direction).

It's not always easy to get the right 'vertical' but at this stage it's simpler to play with the camera parameters (with only the phi parameter).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
AG_MJA

Post by AG_MJA »

Cheers Daniel,

I'll give this a shot.
AlessandroC

Post by AlessandroC »

This is an old topic and many things are changed. Now in v.2.11 it's possible to save the picking list as a point cloud, then it must to fit a plane (edit>plane>fit) and only here the "align camera" command is visible.