Saved bin file won't open

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
FiguringItOut

Saved bin file won't open

Post by FiguringItOut »

I had a fairly large project, and wanted to split it up into smaller entities. I saved different bin files for the exterior, interior, and surrounding landscape of the building. I actually did this two separate times, as I made some edits after saving the first time, but saved in a different location. In both locations. The exterior.bin file won't open back up in CloudCompare. Task manager shows that it loads up to 28,271.5 kb in the memory each time I try to load it, from both the GUI and from the command line, but just continues to say it is loading and never opens. Any help? Is there a way to extract the individual entities within the bin file without having to load the whole thing? Is there a way to figure out what is causing this issue?

I have the original e57, but put a lot of work into cleaning making the visualizations and don't want to have to redo everything!

Thanks in advance!
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Saved bin file won't open

Post by daniel »

Maybe the file was corrupted during saving... Would you be able to share it with me maybe? (admin@cloudcompare.org)
Daniel, CloudCompare admin