Run batch terminal/command line

Feel free to ask any question here
Ashura

Run batch terminal/command line

Post by Ashura »

I've been trying to convert a large number of ASCII PLY files into Binary PLY files. I've managed to get the terminal command to work properly -

open -a CloudCompare.app --args -O /$file -C_EXPORT_FMT PLY -PLY_EXPORT_FMT BINARY_BE -AUTO_SAVE ON -NO_TIMESTAMP -SAVE_CLOUDS -CLEAR

However, when I try to run it in a loop, a large number of files are skipped over, and it always prompts me to press Okay before continuing on. This is resulting in a large number of files that aren't being converted, and I was wondering if there was an optimal way to do this.

I have to convert 300 files for this first batch, and there might be more later on, so doing it manually isn't a viable solution.

Thanks for the help!
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Run batch terminal/command line

Post by daniel »

So for the skipped files, I'm not sure, but generally to avoid any dialog or prompt, you should use the -SILENT option.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Ashura

Post by Ashura »

Thanks for the reply - the -SILENT command had worked perfectly, in regards to the batch script it seemed it wasn't waiting for the previous command to finish before calling the next one which was causing issues. Adding in a sleep command to my batch conversion script helped solve the issue.
zvyozdo4ka

Post by zvyozdo4ka »

Ashura wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:39 am I've been trying to convert a large number of ASCII PLY files into Binary PLY files. I've managed to get the terminal command to work properly -

open -a CloudCompare.app --args -O /$file -C_EXPORT_FMT PLY -PLY_EXPORT_FMT BINARY_BE -AUTO_SAVE ON -NO_TIMESTAMP -SAVE_CLOUDS -CLEAR
could you share documentation, where you found such commands? how to convert binary to ascii ply?
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Daniel, CloudCompare admin