Save point cloud as ASCII after applying translation matrix

Feel free to ask any question here
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Save point cloud as ASCII after applying translation mat

Post by daniel »

Can you deactivate the "use color ramp shader" and "try to load clouds on GPU memory...." options in the display properties?

If this helps, can you try to figure out which option is the "culprit"?

Thanks,
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Nathalie Morin

Post by Nathalie Morin »

1) Do you confirm this small bug of no color display in Properties / Color Ramp in this beta version 2.5.5 (although great changes in Translation / Rotation process) ?

2) When will this beta version 2.5.5 it be "officially" released for download on your Website ?
Nathalie Morin

Post by Nathalie Morin »

Sorry ! I just found out about your answer on the 7th of July. I was checking for an answer but I did not see it because it was on the second page and I thought you had to scroll down on only 1 single page...

Yes ! The color scale works when I desactivate "Enable shader for faster display" in the Menu Display -> Display settings -> Color Scale (scalar field)

But I don't see what you mean by loading the point cloud in GPU memory ? Where is that ?

Thanks again
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Oh never mind about the "try to load clouds on GPU memory...." option if the other one worked. It's even reassuring that the first one was the culprit ;)
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Nathalie Morin

Post by Nathalie Morin »

Actually, the color scale worked only once when I desactivated "Enable shader for faster display" in the Menu Display -> Display settings -> Color Scale (scalar field) for the first time, but it never worked again afterwards in the 2.5.5 beta version ... I don't know if this information can still be useful to you now.

Anyway, this bug can now be considered completely solved and closed with the release of the 2.5.5.2. version on the 17th of July, which I was eager to download :-)!

Thanks and cheers !