Linking errors when building in Debug

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
vgadoury

Linking errors when building in Debug

Post by vgadoury »

Hi,

I'm hacking a little feature in qCC on my side to facilitate some tasks I have to do and I'm running into problems I need to debug. But I'm unable to build qCC in debug. Building in release works fine.

I have errors at linking when building in debug:
-------------- Build: debug in qCC ---------------

Linking executable: bin_debug\qCC_debug.exe
..\CC\lib\mingw/libCC_Dlld.a(DgmOctree.o): In function `~ThreadEngine':
C:/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/4.7.4/mingw/include/QtCore/qtconcurrentthreadengine.h:139: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12QtConcurrent16ThreadEngineBaseD2Ev'
C:/QtSDK/Desktop/Qt/4.7.4/mingw/include/QtCore/qtconcurrentthreadengine.h:139: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12QtConcurrent16ThreadEngineBaseD2Ev'
[...]
And many other errors, all related to undefined reference to QtConcurrent's stuff .

Not sure where this comes from. QtConcurrent's stuff should be in QtCore, and both qCC and CCLib seems to be linking with QtCore(d). I've noted that qCC seems to statically link with CCLib id debug, and dynamically in release, but I guess others (or at least daniel) would have had the issue if it was coming from there...

So I was wondering if the problem was known. If no one has this issue, it probably comes from my Qt version (QtSDK with Qt 4.7.4). :-(

PS: Once I've cleaned my stuff, I would be pleased to submit it for integration into CloudCompare. It's basically rough registration of PC by manually picking a few matching point pairs (using Kabsch algorithm).
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Linking errors when building in Debug

Post by daniel »

No you're right!

By starting from a clean version freshly downloaded from the SVN server, I reproduced the error (with an older version of Qt). I don't know yet how I managed to get a working version until know, but for the moment I remove the 'Multi-thread' support in debug mode (it works fine in release mode hopefully).

By the way, I have also updated a few things to remove warnings, asserts, etc.

Thanks for the feedback. And your "stuff" will be greatly appreciated!
Daniel, CloudCompare admin