Problems with exporting images with "Rasterize"

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
Grillteller

Problems with exporting images with "Rasterize"

Post by Grillteller »

Hi,

i want to export an rasterized image of a cloud. I want to export the active layer C2M signed distances(-) but when i update the grid in the "Rasterize" window and export the image i always get the height grid values as a bitmap .bmp. Is it possible to export the distances as an image?
Here are some pictures of the cloud and the exported layers which are clearly not my C2M signed distances:
http://imgur.com/a/HKb1z

Best regards
Grillteller
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Problems with exporting images with "Rasterize"

Post by daniel »

Indeed the 'image export' ignores the current layer (it's an old tool that was not used a lot). Its enhancement is in the TODO list (but it's not ready yet).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Grillteller

Post by Grillteller »

Thanks for the answer. I found out that exporting a matrix of the values fits my purpose.

Edit: Seems like the matrix export function doesn't work as well. It only exports the height grid values.

Is there any possibility to evade this problem?
I already exported .tif files but there are quite dark. Or can i somehow export the cloud without the height grid values and use the rasterize function again?
Exporting the signed distances into a cloud works. Can i extract the information of every point of the cloud somehow (The new scalarfield has only ~8000 points)?

I also tried to work with screenshots but I do not get similar results.

Best regards
Grillteller
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Yep, CSV matrix export and Image export are old methods that are not used that much (as far as I know ;). Therefore they were left behind.

You can export any cloud, but especially small ones, as ASCII files. There you'll find X Y Z on each line, as well as the colors, normals and scalar fields (if any). This is one way to get the distance values.

You can either export the original cloud or the rasterized version. When you export the raster as a cloud, it will have potentially several scalar fields. You can display one at a time but all of them will be exported in an ASCII file.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin