Changing Clipping Value

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
Steve L~

Changing Clipping Value

Post by Steve L~ »

I'm not sure if this is an intentional feature or not but I found that changing the camera clipping value seems to be overwritten/reset as soon as the qAnimation plugin is run which seems to return the value to a default setting over the user defined setting.

I'll experiment a bit further to see if I can tie it down a bit.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Changing Clipping Value

Post by daniel »

The near clipping value is saved in each 'viewport' object and restored by the plugin when it renders the animation (or its preview). Which means that you must set it before saving the viewport object.

And the plugin doesn't seem to restore the original viewport (I guess it leaves the parameters as they are, so you'll probably get the first or the last viewport ones).

Of course there may also be some hidden bug ;)
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Steve L~

Post by Steve L~ »

Thanks Daniel. I see now.

Ive always thought it would be very useful to redefine the current camera view of an existing viewport view with a 'reset view' button in the properties window as it puts the animation views out of sequence by having to delete and recreate one. Maybe the ability to reset the clipping planes too if this is the case?

Thanks for the prompt answer !
Steve L~

Post by Steve L~ »

Just to check - its not possible to edit the clipping plane or any other viewport settings once they have been created?

So if someone (like me) was stupid enough to forget to change the camera angle and clipping plane before creating and setting up the timing for 50 viewports ready for a qAnimation run, there is no way to change these other than recreate them all over again with different viewport settings.

I think I messed up.......
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Indeed, right now it's a parameter like any other (position, orientation, etc.). The idea was to have a kind of "what you see is what you get" behavior.

But modifying parameters afterwards could make sense. It's just that if you want to do it for 50 viewports it's gonna be very long anyway :D. For now you'll have to 'apply' each viewport, change the near clipping plane, and re-create a new instance...
Daniel, CloudCompare admin