FLS plugin not included in portable build?

Feel free to ask any question here
jedfrechette

FLS plugin not included in portable build?

Post by jedfrechette »

I noticed that the Faro FLS plugin is not included in the portable 7z build for Windows. Is the reason for that technical or legal?

I know that the plugin requires Faro's SDK to be installed by the user, which wouldn't happen as part of unpacking the portable build. Nonetheless, it is common for people working with FLS files to already have the SDK installed in so it would be useful for the portable build to be able to open FLS file if the SDK was available. If the SDK wasn't available then the user could be directed to install it if they tried to open a FLS file.
Jed
daniel
Site Admin

Re: FLS plugin not included in portable build?

Post by daniel »

Indeed ut's actually technical. To use the plugin you have to install the FARO LS SDK first. And then add a 'manifest' file next to the executable. Both the manifest file and the LS SDK can't be incorporated in the portable/archive version...

For a user who already have the LS SDK installed, then only the manifest file needs to be copied next to the executable.

The issue that if this manifest is copied next to the executable and there's no LS SDK installed, then it creates some problems at startup if I remember well (but I haven't tried for a long time).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin