command line

Feel free to ask any question here
amithkp

command line

Post by amithkp »

Hi , i am new to cloud comparison. It is nice software for registering and comparison of pointclouds. Here, i am mainly interested in Registration and alignment part. What my problem actually is, i want to use properties like Register and align of the software "cloud comparison" in command mode. I have read the command line part specified in this http://www.cloudcompare.org/doc/wiki/in ... ommandLine. But i am now reaching nowhere, i dont get how to do it in command line. So can anyone guide me regarding this section. Also am using two point clouds in ply format for registering and aligning
daniel
Site Admin

Re: command line

Post by daniel »

In fact all methods are not accessible via the command line mode (yet). We can add this one to the TODO list.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
amithkp

Post by amithkp »

Actually, i am working on 3D point cloud image registration and alignment. can you provide me help on how to access these functions like registration and alignment using command line. Also i am using cpp code in visual studio 2010, i want to add these function's code is registration and alignment to the cpp code. Am specifying more details about the operating system and others below
processor : inter core i5
ram : 4 gb
IDE : Visual studio 2010
language : cpp
file formats : ply file formats for storing 3D Point Clouds
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Well, I'm not sure to understand everything, but if you want to add these methods to the command line mode, then you should look at the ccCommandLineParser class (see the qCC/ccCommandLineParser.cpp file, and more especially the parse method).

The registration method is in "CC/src/RegistrationTools.cpp". You have examples of how to use it in the 'qCC/mainwindow.cpp" file (see the doActionRegister method).

If you need more indications, don't hesitate to ask.
abhishek

Post by abhishek »

daniel wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:04 pm In fact all methods are not accessible via the command line mode (yet). We can add this one to the TODO list.
I would love if this feature will be available via command line, waiting for the update.

Thanks
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Revising my previous message, you can already access the -ICP method and the -C2C_DIST and -C2M_DIST methods via the command line. Only the 'Align' tool (where you pick pairs of points) is not available.