Saving Scaler Fields

Feel free to ask any question here
DroneN3rd_508

Saving Scaler Fields

Post by DroneN3rd_508 »

Good Morning you beautiful, brilliant people!!!

Scenario:
I imported (5) separate .las/cloud files and merged them for one big project. I clicked 'Yes' upon "Save original cloud index as SF?". I have some smaller cloud datasets that I'd like to now merge with this large one, but not lose the original cloud index from the first merge, does anyone have a process for this? I was thinking of creating a constant....but I'm not sure how to carry over that original cloud value...
sdoughtie

Re: Saving Scaler Fields

Post by sdoughtie »

If I understand the question correctly, click 'No' when merging.
DroneN3rd_508

Post by DroneN3rd_508 »

sdoughtie wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 4:33 pm If I understand the question correctly, click 'No' when merging.
Not really....well maybe.

What I'm wondering is: how can I save multiple merges so if I want to then separate them again via splitting along integers, I could....
sdoughtie

Post by sdoughtie »

Sorry, I don't know how to do that one.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

You can simply rename the first 'Original cloud indexes' scalar field to something else, so as to prevent it from being overwritten.

Better, you can also create a 'constant' SF with 'Original cloud indexes' as name and a larger index value, and then merge the 2 clouds without generating the indexes SF (so as to not overwrite it). The SFs with the same name will be automatically merged.

And last, you can even merge multiple clouds as a second cloud, use the 'SF arithmetics' tool to shift the indexes by a constant value (with 'add') and eventually merge the 2 clouds.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin